Here at Gluten Free Fox, we believe that Super Bowl Sunday should be a day of eating, yelling at the TV, actually laughing at commercials and, did we mention eating?
We scoured the gluten-free web for easy and delicious gluten-free Super Bowl sustenance and contacted a couple of gluten-free experts. Enjoy Life Foods sent over an exclusive and very easy Sunny Trail Mix recipe, while Erin of Gluten-Free Fun cooked up a mouth-watering Mexican Lasagna.
Here are some great ideas for your gluten-free Super Bowl:
- Gluten-Free Fun’s Mexican Lasagna
- 1 lb. of ground beef or turkey
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 package of gluten-free taco seasoning (be sure to check the ingredients!)
- 1/2 cup of corn kernels
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 10-12 gluten-free tortillas (Erin uses 6″)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground meat and drain excess fat.
- Add can of tomatoes, corn, onions and taco seasoning to the meat.
- Add can of refried beans and bring this mixture to a slight boil.
- Put a layer of the meat mixture into a 9X12 baking dish, followed by a layer of corn tortillas, and then a layer of cheese. Repeat with one or two more layers meat, cheese, and tortillas. Number of layers will depend on the size of your baking dish.
- Top off with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy Life Food’s Sunny Trial Mix:
- 1 bag (approx. 1 ½ cups) Enjoy Life® Mountain Mambo’s Trail Mix
- 3-5 bars Enjoy Life® Sunbutter Crunch Bar
- ¾ cup Cranberries, dried
- Chop the Sunbutter bars to the size of the cranberries, set aside.
- Place cranberries in a bowl.
- Add the chopped Sunbutter bars to your taste.
- Other Super Bowl Recipe Resources: When we did a Gluten Free Fox search for “Super Bowl Recipes,” we also found a couple of other enticing recipe sources. Gluten Freeda features some mouthwatering pizza suggestions, while the NFCA’s CeliacCentral.org site provides an array recipes for the distinguished Super Bowl palate.
Whether trail mix, lasagna, or pizza is your dish of choice, we were happy to find an assortment of options for Super Bowl Sunday, or any other gluten-free gathering!