It’s that time a year to enjoy days at the beach and out by the pool, but don’t forget the sunscreen!
But which sunscreens are safe for those of us who are also avoiding topical gluten–and aren’t filled with awful chemicals?
- Badger’s sunscreens are not only natural and gluten-free, but they are also top rated by the highly-discriminating Environmental Working Group. But please note, while their sunscreens are made in a gluten-free facility, their lip balms are not.
- Gluten Policy: Badger products contain no peanuts, peanut oils, wheat or gluten. However, the facility that fills our lip balms also uses wheat amnio acids and wheat protein, so there is the possibility of cross-contamination. Our facility is not certified as “gluten free”, but uses no wheat or gluten containing ingredients. As always, when using a new product for the first time (and have allergies or sensitivities), it is always a good idea to perform a Skin Patch Test*.
- Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide (20.5%) (sunscreen)
Inactive Ingredients: Oliva Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Extract
- When we were living in San Francisco, Whole Foods Markets couldn’t keep California Baby sun protection products in stock! It is one of those brands that I truly admire. Created for children with allergies, their products are gentle and natural, and every one of them is gluten-free.**Note, some retailers do not update ingredient lists and list parabens for California Baby, current ingredient lists can be found here.
- Gluten Policy: All California Baby® products are allergy tested, concentrated and free of gluten, soy, dairy, sulfates, parabens and synthetic fragrances.
- Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.6%
Inactive Ingredients: Purified water, alkyl benzoate (coconut/moisturizer), cyclomeythicone (silicone/water repellent), *vegetable glycerin (coconut), dipolyhydyroxystearate (coconut/works to emulsify), candelilla cera (candelilla plant wax/protects against moisture loss), tocopherol (vit. e/antioxidant), *squalane (olive oil/emollient), *cocos nucifera oil (coconut oil), magnesium sulfate (epsom salts), panthenol and allantoin (vit. b complex factor), magnesium stearate, capryloyl glycine and undecylenoyl glycine (amino acids). No fragrance or scent masking agents. *organic, sustainable or renewable.